What is First 5?
First 5 is a mobile device app developed by Proverbs 31 Ministries, designed to transform your time with God. First 5 was specifically designed to wake you up with a short teaching in God’s Word first, before you get distracted by social media and everything else screaming for your attention. It will equip you to better study and know the Word of God.
What’s the difference between Proverbs 31 Encouragement for Today Devotion and First 5?
The main difference is in length and delivery. First 5 offers a shorter scriptural teaching designed to capture the very first moments of your day in a mobile phone app. Encouragement for Today is delivered by email. Proverbs 31 Ministries is passionate about getting the Word of God into the hands of people all over the globe by whatever means necessary in order to eradicate biblical poverty worldwide.
Is it just another daily devotion?
No. Our goal is to take you through an in-depth experience of the Bible. Unlike our daily devotions, the First 5 app will have teaching content Monday through Friday with a teaching video every Saturday.
Will First 5 replace Online Bible Studies?
Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies will continue to bring you real hope, for real life.
What do I get every day?
- One verse a day We unpack books of the Bible using one verse per chapter per day. So, instead of your verse of the day being random, with First 5 you’ll start to sense real progress in your understanding of the Bible.
- My Moments My Moments allows you to privately respond to each day’s First 5 teaching. Add a short response into the “My Moment” box at the end of each teaching and see your collection of responses by visiting the “My Moments” menu item.
- More Moments More Moments are provided for you to go deeper into each day’s teaching beyond the First 5 minutes. You have the option to visit them right away or set a reminder to return when you have more time.
- Weekend Video Each Saturday, you’ll receive a video from the First 5 writing team. The videos will offer an additional and unique teaching from that week’s passage of scripture and invite you into the conversation to discuss a little bit of what we’re learning. You won’t want to miss it.
Can I use First 5 as my alarm clock?
Create your own personal sound and message to pop up on your phone when you wake up! Then, when you turn off your First 5 alarm, you’ll go straight into a short teaching in God’s Word. Note iOS users: You must swipe the actual notification on your phone to go straight into the First 5.
Why is my alarm not working?
In order to ensure that you receive your First 5 alarm notification, follow these quick and easy steps. Apple Device (iOS)
- Flip your mute switch on the left side of your device to allow sounds
- Have the volume turned up
- Make sure your device is not on Do Not Disturb
- Make sure all notifications are turned ON in your phone setting for the First 5 app (settings > notifications > scroll and select First 5)
- Have the volume turned up loud enough to wake you up
What if I can’t keep up or have to start in the middle of one of the books of the Bible?
You will be able to follow along and/or catch up through the app or First5.org. No matter where you jump in, you will be able to catch up and be a part of that study. Past studies will be archived in the app and available for you to read at your own pace.
What is My Moments?
My Moments allows you to privately respond to each day’s First 5 teaching. Visit the “My Moments” menu item to see your collection of responses from previous teachings.
What is More Moments?
More Moments are provided for you to go deeper into each day’s teaching beyond the First 5 minutes. You have the option to visit them right away or set a reminder to return when you have more time.
What are First 5 Groups?
- The First 5 groups feature was developed as a means to provide a more robust community experience for our active First 5 users.
- Our Groups features allows any user to create their own public or private group for a daily study experience or for general First 5 related teaching discussions.
- Group members can can access their group discussions on any mobile device by downloading of the First 5 app for Android or IOS. Groups are not currently available on the First5.org desktop
- Users must have a First 5 profile to utilize First 5 groups.
- Group membership is capped at 50 members.
- Private groups are joined via entry of a unique group invite code. This code can be shared as desired by any group member via email, SMS message, or any other means of their choosing.
- Group members may leave a group at any time.
- Group notification settings are accessible within each group’s individual settings panel.
What First 5 Groups are NOT
- First 5 users do not need to be a group member to complete their daily First 5 study.
- F5 Groups are not led or actively monitored by P31 staff members or F5 writers. They are meant to be a personal F5 experience created and managed by individual F5 users.
- The comments, discussions and images posted within First 5 groups are not sponsored, administered, or endorsed by Proverbs 31 Ministries.
Group oversight and comment moderation:
- Moderation of groups content will primarily be the responsibility of the group managers. If you are a group manager, you can remove group members or delete group comments if needed. To become a group manager you must either be the group originator, or be assigned to the role group manager by the group originator. There can be multiple group managers in each group.
- Any post that has been flagged 3 times will automatically be hidden from view in the app.
- Content posted in both Private and Public groups is subject to review and moderation by the First 5 team.
What is the Experience Guide?
For each First 5 study, you’ll have the opportunity to purchase an Experience Guide to help you understand the major themes and storylines that make the books of the Bible so unique. Each Experience Guide is beautifully designed to complement your daily First 5 teaching and will equip you to identify a “Major Moment” from each chapter as you record your thoughts on what you’ve learned.
How can I engage and share with others?
Connect with people all over the world who are also giving their First 5 minutes to God by commenting under each First 5 teaching. Comments are visible to everyone using the app and are a great way to engage with and learn from the First 5 community. Easily share the First 5 image and teaching by tapping the share icon located on the left of each image, at the bottom.
Can I contact other First 5 members?
Yes. Click on a member’s profile image and you’ll be able to email them privately. All emails are private when sent to the recipient which protects your identity and privacy.
Do I have to order the Experience Guide to use First 5?
The Experience Guide is completely optional.
What translation is used? Will there be a way to switch translations?
The app utilizes the NIV translation, but we’re looking into cost-effective ways to offer different translations in the future.
Is the content available in different languages?
At this time the content is currently only available in English. We will explore the cost of providing additional languages in the future.
What devices support the First 5 app?
The First 5 app is compatible with mobile devices that support Apple App Store (iOS) and Google Play (Android) marketplaces. iOS specs: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus. Android specs: Requires Android 4.0.3 and up
What if I don’t have a compatible mobile device?
All of the plans are now available at First5.org. At this time the app is only compatible with iOS and Android. We hope to be able to meet the needs of all mobile devices and maybe even a desktop version. This is being explored by our development team. Please stay tuned for further updates.
How much does the First 5 app cost?
The app is free to download.
How can I support First 5 financially?
You can submit a donation by visiting our First 5 Give page.
Why do I receive a message that says, “Busy. Try again later.”?
Due to the exciting and overwhelming amount of people putting God’s Word first by using First 5, you may need to refresh your device’s connection to our servers.
- Ensure that you have an Internet connection.
- Re-open the First 5 app.
Why do I receive an error message when I log into my account with Facebook?
If you’re still having issues logging in with Facebook, please contact email@example.com to reset your account.
How do I edit my personal info after creating a user account?
To edit your profile you must be signed in to your account and follow these steps from the main menu:
- Tap your name or picture to navigate to settings
- Tap where you would like to make edits, scroll and hit save at the bottom
Why do I need to create an account?
An account is not required to read the Daily Scriptural Teaching via the app; however a number of additional features do require an account, such as the ability to:
- Leave comments
- Respond to My Moments
- Download our beautifully designed lock screens